Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pune, India, Week IV - Vidya

My husband John has joined me. This is our final week in Pune coming to a close. In two days we begin our pilgrimage north east beginning with a 5 hour drive north east of Mumbai to Aurangabad area where we will visit the Ellora and Ajunta caves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQP69exo1o

We have hired a car and driver for two days for this section of our journey. On Wednesday evening he will drop us at a train station where we embark on a 15 hr overnight train trip to Varanasi. We will spend 3 days in Varanasi and then another overnight train trip to Agra where we will be picked up by a car/driver to tour the Taj Mahal, Fort Agra, find a shower :) and finally drop us in the Temple city of Vrindavan where we will stay at a spiritual studies institute and spend two days visiting temples. Our last train trip to Delhi is a short one, arriving in Delhi mid day for two final days of site-seeing and maybe some shopping before flying home.

No idea how easy or difficult it will be to post during these next 12 days but pictures will come.

I am sorry to say goodbye to Pune. This city has so much to offer. I will miss the yoga immersion and my friends whom I have stayed with this past month. I will not miss the pollution and look forward to respiratory recovery!

Prashant Iyengar said that only after profound spiritual knowledge can true meditation (dhyana, samadhi) come. This has been a journey of seeking, to deepen my knowledge - vidya, of yoga and of spiritual life and studies - svadyaya, of discipline - tapas. Onward now to further deepen my spiritual knowledge in this tradition, as we continue on this journey. Ohm nama shivaya, ohm nama Ganesha.

Shanti, shanti, Leigh

No comments: